Your Favorite Weapon review by Brand New

• Released: Oct 9, 2001
Brand New: Your Favorite Weapon

Well, this was the first full album release for Brand New, and a lot different then their new album Deja Entendu. I'd have to say, this album is probably the most catchy song I have. Every song has that little hook that will get stuck in your head for days. This is a little emoish, but not much, a little pop-punk, and a little punkish sound. I'd say this album really was the first like emo/pop, album that really sold. It's an album that just every song comes right at you. Jude Law and Semester Abroad, is one of those songs, along with Seventy Times Seven, which was actually written to John Nolan of TBS, weel actually not Straylight Run.

Well, the lyrics are still amazing, but not amazing to the point of Deja Entendu. Songs like Seventy Times Seven, Jude Law..., Mix Tape, Failure By Design, pretty much every song on the CD has great lyrics. I still say Jessie can write as good as any artist out there. And he has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard. After you can desipher what he is actually saying in his screams, you'll be screaming it in your bedroom every night.

On a scale of 10, this definetly gets a 9 or 10. Deja Entendu is a better album in my opinion, mostly because they evolved so much. But if you like bands such as Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run, Matchook Romance, FurtherSeemsForever, and just bands related to those you would love this album. I heard this album and listened to it for months. The best songs are Jude Law and Seventy Times Seven, In my opinion. This is definitely worth buying and 10 times over. I love everything about this album, and it is an amazing piece of work. "Is that what you call a getaway? Tell me what you got away with cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish I've seen more guts in 11 year old kids. So have another drink and drive yourself home, I hope theres ice on all the roads, and you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt, and again when your head goes through the windshield."