Your Favorite Weapon review by Brand New

• Released: Oct 9, 2001
Brand New: Your Favorite Weapon

Brand New has an incredible sound. Every song has a hook or solo that'll get stuck in your head. Think of The Postal Service, then think of My Chemical Romance. You've got brand New. While Seventy Times 7 is a fast-paced jumpy get-the-crowd-jumping kind of song, The No Seatbelt Song I know from experience is perfect for that three-hour depression after a break up.

Jesse Lacey was once in a Long Island poetry club of some kind for young musicians. I guess he was the leader or something, because his lyrics are perfect. His voice basically matches up. The end of The Shower Scene is freaking awesome.

This is a CD I'm not gonna say is the best, because there are a lot of other CDs that I might think the same way about. The most impressively written songs are "Seventy Times 7," "Soco Amaretto Lime" and "Magazines." The only thing that bothers me now is that Brand New haven't updated their website since October. If you pick a brand new CD, I recommend Taking Back Sunday, Death Cab for Cutie, Straylight Run, and Bright Eyes.