Your Favorite Weapon review by Brand New

• Released: Oct 9, 2001
Brand New: Your Favorite Weapon

If you like Blink 182, then you should buy this CD. I think this CD is pretty good. I'm having a really hard time writing this review because I want to rush outside and skate. I'll do my best though. A lot of the songs are pretty fast and the vocalists are really good. It also has a couple slow songs on it which are really good. I would probably describe this style of music as emo or punk pop. I've heard all the songs too many times though so the songs are starting to get on my nerves. But it's still a really good CD.

I know that there is something goin on between Taking Back Sunday and Brand New because they copy eachother's lyrics and stuff. I really like these lyrics. They're cynical. that's a good word. I had to look up the meaning, though, because I wasn't sure what it meant. according to the WordPerfect dictionary, it means "contemptuous; mocking." I actually think some of the lyrics are pretty funny. The singers are excellent and stay together really good. The harmony's good too.

This CD is definitely much more upbeat than Deja Entendu (which is also a really good CD). I like all the songs, but my favorites are "Jude Law and a Semester Abroad," "Seventy Times 7," and "Mix Tape." I like the way the singers stay together well. I would definitely buy this CD again if it were stolen.

iamtheguitarpro
    just to clear things up, to the guy who wrote the first review, brand new is in NO way post-hardcore.