Your Favorite Weapon review by Brand New

• Released: Oct 9, 2001
Brand New: Your Favorite Weapon

I like to say that the Band's originally like blew my mind, because this is one of my favorite albums by Brand New. It has the pop punk feel from like the early 2000's, it's hard to find band these days to have the same feeling, because Brand New is their own style, it makes me wanna jump, sing along, dance to it, and just tune in everyday. The story behind this is probably simple, from getting revenge on best friends, breaking up with girlfriends, and just staying young forever.

The lyrics were amazing, compared to other pop/punk bands, I think Brand New won, because Jesse is my favorite lyricist, and is also my inspiration/idol. "And I'm sick of your tattoos, and the way you always criticize The Smiths, and Morrisey" I love that line, from the song mixtape, I mean their lyrics were so perfect, I loved how they used to it too, like examples such as 70x7 "They say you gotta pray if you wanna go to heaven, but they don't know what to say when your whole life has gone to hell" and to Soco Amaretto Lime "I'm gonna stay 18 forever, so we can stay like this forever" their lyrics are far out the best to listen to, and just read, cause every song has their own style, it's awesome to own a CD like this. Jesse's singing blows my mind, because he hits the notes right, sings very fast, and changes throughout songs like to a steady voice in Soco Amaretto Lime to a fast paced in Seventy Times Seven

I guess it can compare to Taking Back Sunday's Tell All Your Friends, since both cds are kinda similar into the situation they had with Brand New. The best songs I love from this CD is "The Shower Scene, Jude Law and a Semester Abroad, Seventy Times 7, Last Chance To Lose Your Keys, Failure By Design... shoot, I love all their songs!" I love the style and the message they try to bring out, I don't hate anything about it:). I would so buy this CD again...

BrandNewFan24
    "Brand New is by far one of the best Emo/Post-Hardcore bands to ever grace the scene" neither of the genres describe Brand New.....
    boxcar_smasher
    adingdong wrote: I hate when people call Brand New "emo"... can't we just skip those labels, and just call it "good music"?
    Agreed. good music indeed
    dbl93100
    this album was their 1st (i believe) big album. it was when they were still pop punk (don't get me wrong, not crappy pop punk, good pop punk). since then their following albums have been more dark, melodic, acoustic albums. filled with plenty of great tracks, a couple of the best ones are failure by design, last chance to lose your keys, secondary, and seventy times seven. great band, they're from my hometown (long island, new york)
    stumaster18
    Brand New is not emo. Brand New is absolute gold. It's pretty hard to imagine that the band who wrote this CD is the same band that wrote Deja and Devil and God. Fantastic band, nonetheless. Let's hope we see a new album soon!
    ulique
    this is an emo album, that doesn't mean it's bad, i like it, but it is emo.
    mdawg24
    Great, great, great. Love all of Brand New's stuff. And yes, I would agree that they are emo, but that doesn't make them bad in any way. on the contrary, their music and lyrics are absolutely brilliant. I like Dj Entendu a little bit more, but this is still a great album.
    DiveRightIn63
    Yet punk is acceptable? Great album nonetheless.
    dejaentendu182
    love brand new every album is just amazing. Lacey's lyrics are some of the best ive ever heard. good review