Recipe For Disaster review by Brand New Sin

• Released: May 31, 2005
Brand New Sin: Recipe For Disaster

Brand New Sin's sound is like a hybrid of Shinedown and Black Label Society. You can clearly hear the southern rock and heavy metal influences in their sound. Songs like Brown Street Betty also have classic rock feel to them. Not many bands would be able to mix many different influences they way these guys can.

The lyrics are pretty straightforward, but still creative, and fit absolutely perfectly with the music. The singer has a very unique voice; it is deep and gritty, and there are probably many people that would get annoyed by it, but his vocals go extremely well with the band. It's hard to imagine these guys with a different vocalist.

Recipe For Disaster is a quality album that mixes many different sounds, and comes out great; I love the variety of influences present in their music. My only complaint is that the album isn't something that will blow you away; however, it is something different to listen two every now and then. Another Reason and Wyoming are both fantastic songs. My copy of this album is burned, but if lost or stolen, I would definetly consider buying another copy of this album.

Jacocrew
    I saw Brand New Sin 3 times in '06 and they were great every time. If you get a chance, go and support them.