Hello, Control review by Brandtson

• Released: May 2, 2006
Brandtson: Hello, Control

The best word to describe the sound on this album is rad. It's a totally amazing mix of techno and emo-ish rock, and I don't mean too-pansy-to-be-punk-emo. Each song is unique, the entire CD sounds like a compilation by various artists, lots of variety, and it's all done by the same guys! Catchy riffs and Myk Porter's sexy voice combined with some electronic sound all blend for a crazy sweet and individual sounding recording. With the exception of "Tapping The Vain" and one or two other tracks, it doesn't sound too much like the old Brandtson, but I believe it is a welcomed change.

The lyrics range from poetic ("I could tell you were crying by the way the mascara ran down your face in such tragic lines") to blunt ("Got desert heat, polluted air, and traffic jams beyond compare/ that's all I've got to warn ya about mexico and california"). Some are funny, some are depressing, but they are without a doubt all well written. The lyrics fit with the music like pieces of a puzzle. You would be hard pressed to find a better match. And then of course, you have a great singer with a prety awesome vocal range. Love it, love it all!

This album doesn't really compare to others. It's incredibly unique-excluding "Here We Go" it didn't sounds like anything I'd really heard before. My favourite songs would have to be "Nobody Dances Anymore", "Lie To Me", "Parallels", "Denim Inquity", "Goodnight Sweet Prince," heck, they're all good! I love the variety of this recording. It doesn't have the same this-song-sounds-alot-like-that-other-one deja-vu-ish quality a lot of records tend to have. The only thing I hate is the cover. I'm afraid I'm gonna break it cause it's flimsy. And yes, I definetly would buy it again. I suggest the rest of you do too.