Phobia review by Breaking Benjamin

• Released: Aug 8, 2006
Breaking Benjamin: Phobia

Breaking Benjamin's sound matured since "We Are Not Alone". They used a much heavier tuning. The intros to over half the songs start out with a heavy riff, then fall into a lighter verse, definitely one of their best traits. "The Diary of Jane" is the opening track. What I love about this song is the unmistakable opening, and the heavy guitar riff in the verse. This song definitely provides one of the best choruses on the album. Probably my favorite song on "Phobia" is "Dance with the Devil". The chorus in my opinion is one of their best.

Ben Burnley has an amazing sound. I saw them live and it sounds like you're listening to the album, only you can feel it in your chest. Some of my favorite lines are "I won't stay long, in this world so wrong" from "Dance with the Devil" and "The apple of your eye, the rotten core inside" from "Had Enough". Their studio rendition of "Topless" is really great also. When you listen to the old version, you could tell Burnley was on track for the sound he wanted as a vocalist, he just hadn't pinpointed it yet.

This album was by far one of the best ones of 2006. My favorite song is "Dance with the Devil", but there truly is no one song that isn't great. If it were lost or stolen, I would find who stole it and beat them down. Then I would let them keep it because it is a really great album. Then I would buy a new copy. If you are a big Breaking Benjamin fan than I would suggest picking up some of these albums the next time you are up to your local Best Buy. Revelation Theory "Truth is Currency", Theory of a Deadman "Gasoline", Pillar "The Reckoning", Nonpoint "Recoil". Enjoy!