Phobia review by Breaking Benjamin

• Released: Aug 8, 2006
Breaking Benjamin: Phobia

The genre of Phobia is alternate metal, and a bit of post grunge. The songs are less melancholic than the other albums "Saturate" and "We Are Not Alone" and typicaly Breaking Benjamin. Hard guitar riffs in the intro and the chorus, and while the verses, there are only the bass guitar and quiet the lead guitar in the background. In Phobia, Breaking Benjamin often uses a bit shiften guitar chords in the background while the chorus and the verses.

The lyrics are very different. Sometimes sentimentaly, sometimes hard and cold. The singer, Benjamin Burnley, has a great voice, he can cry as a heavy metal "singer" and sing like a choirboy. I think, the lyrics and the music are relevant. Another accept of the lyrics is, that it is like in the older Breaking Breaking songs, in the verses, they tell a story and in the chorus, they tell something about the person or the think, who/which is in the story.

Phobia is different than the other albums. It is more hard, than melancholic, there are only one or two sentimentaly songs. The best songs from the album are definitively "Breath" and "Diary Of Jane". I can't stop to hear these songs. I love it, that Breaking Benjamin made the album harder, I don't really like melancholic songs. There is nothing, I really hate, it is the best album of Breaking Benjamin. If I would lost Phobia, I don't would buy it again. Firstly, I would have to pay it over the internet, 'cause in Austria, you can't get in in a music shop (I think). Secondly, I have a copy of the disc, this is legal, and so I haven't to buy it again.

iljh
    I saw them May 19th at a 15 band festival. I had heard one song by them (Blow Me Away-Halo) and I liked it a lot, but never pursued them. They were the first band to play. I got the singer's autogragh on the ticket. I plan to buy the album (extended) the next time i go to the store. ROCK ON!!!!!
    Maurice(GUN)
    Awesome Album I Love The Diary Of Jane,Evil Angel, Breath,Until The End, And Dance With The Devil. This Album Is A Lot Different From "We Are Not Alone"
    eggy1991
    had it since its realease, and it hasnt stopped impressing me, the band do an amazing job in all aspects of the album. I love the newer sound, the progression is amazing.