Saturate review by Breaking Benjamin

• Released: Aug 27, 2002
Breaking Benjamin: Saturate

The sound to this CD is great in my opinion. I mean Ben plays some awesome guitar and sings some great vocals in this album. The sound is so much better than We Are Not Alone. The acoustic songs are really great. This album is totally much heavier. Personally I think that Home and Medicate are perfect examples of the sound to this album along with Next To Nothing.

I think that the lyrics are great. Ben sings some soft and some pretty heavy stuff and sometimes he even mixes it up. In almost every song the lyrics blend right in to the guitars and the drums. In Home when the rhythm guitar plays soft (palm muted) the lyrics are nice and soft but have a hard feeling to them, then when the lyrics get harder the guitar gets harder and I know by playing the song on guitar. I really like how Ben can sing about the Wizard Of Oz and make it sound great and hard at the same time. The rest of the songs are even better (you should buy the CD to hear for yourself).

By far this is my favorite album so far out of all the rock bands I like, I listen to it everyday and play along on the guitar. The most impressive songs of the album are I think Home and Medicate but a good acoustic song is Next To Nothing, it swithches to a rock feeling but go's back to acoustic. I love the album period is great, it's the perfect album for a person who loves good blending rock and acoustic and heavier music and lyrics. If I lost this CD or it got stolen I would definitely go and buy it again and again and again.