Saturate review by Breaking Benjamin

• Released: Aug 27, 2002
Breaking Benjamin: Saturate

I can't get enough of this album's sound. It came out around the same time that nu-metal was at its peak, but it wasn't really a nu-metal album. It blended the heaviness of nu-metal with the mellody of acoustic rock and the catchiness of radio friendly rock. But hey, don't get caught off guard with the acoustic and radio rock stuff. When it's heavy, belive me, it's heavy!

The lyrics are great. And I'm not just saying that from a fan's standpoint, but a songwriter's standpoint. Again, from the Nu-Metal time, it was quite different to hear lyrics that werent slightly emo. And in my opinion, as long as its not emo or like over the top satanic, then its good to me!

My overall impression of this album is great! If you havent noticed, I used that in my review a lot. And reason for that is because it is a great album in all senses of the word. If you're into metal, mainstream hard rock, or a little acoustic rock everynow and then, then you should wheel your ass on to Sam Goody and get this CD now! Oh yeah, I actually broke this CD so I did go but another copy. I guess that just goes to show you how vital this CD is to me!