Saturate review by Breaking Benjamin

• Released: Aug 27, 2002
Breaking Benjamin: Saturate

This bands sound is abseloutley incredible. The guitar is very nice, and I like the soft to hardcore riffs in "Phase" and in "Wish I may" and "So Cold". I really love the pedal effects that they use for the song "Believe". At first I had only heard one song ("Natural Life"; MX Unleashed soundtrack) and thought they would have a kinda Trustcompany-like sound to them, and I was right. I don't hate the style, but it goes too hardcore to nothing. I also think that no matter what song they do any crowd will give them a great response (maybe except for phase or sumthin like that). I am also intrested on what their new albun will sound like (it's gonna be released over summer 2006).

The lyrics were very well written, but there was alot of help from the smashing pumpkins on some of the newer lyrics. they could fit to some styles of music, like taking "phase" and puttin some hardcore guitar the entire way through. Ben sings very well but doesn't need to play as much guitar (or have a toungue-ring to prove he's a man for that matter).

This can compare to great bands like TrustCompany or even a little Bush. They arent as good as Bush, but better than TC. As a lineup the songs were ok.