We Are Not Alone review by Breaking Benjamin

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Breaking Benjamin: We Are Not Alone

The sound is definitely a refreshing change from the last album. Not totally dramatic, but you could definitely tell one from the other. It almost seems softer this time around. More mellow maybe? So Cold is an awesome mixture of their several elements of different sounds/genres. Beleive is probably their hardest song, and it rocks. They have slow but nice sounded songs including Forget It (which is quite good actually I've listened to it many times so far) and Rain, in which it's sound is good. The rest of the songs can be considered Hard, but more towards the middle of the Spectrum.

Most of the songs have evolved, but you still have some of your semi-generic songs like Rain (Rain, rain go away come again another day). Only a few songs have a disrupted flow of lyrics, but for the most part, they're awesome. Don't exactly know how to relate to them, but they match what they have done in the past.

I wouldn't say this is better than their last album, but is sure damn close. If it was longer (it has 11 tracks) it would probably take the crown of one of my favorite CDs ever along with Saturate. If you were to only listen to a few songs, check out So Cold, Follow, Beleive, and Forget It. It has an excellent mixture of soft and hard elements of rock. The vocalist can really sing and scream as well. Go buy it and check it out, I really recommend it.