We Are Not Alone review by Breaking Benjamin

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Breaking Benjamin: We Are Not Alone

Breaking Benjamin are like no other band I have ever heard, their music is a new sound and I love it! They will undoubtedly be bundled in to a genre with the like of Good Charlotte and Taking Back Sunday, but (though I like both those bands) they shouldn't be. They have a musical style which is a unique blend of metal riffs and melodic vocals. Plus the sound and musical sound on this album is very diverse.

Not only are the guitars and drums etc fantastic but the lead singer, Ben Burnley, has a tremedous voice and a huge talent for writting lyrics. The song lyrics are packed with emotion, from the anger and pain of the wonderfully uplifting 'Sooner Or Later' to the genius depth of 'So Cold' to the truth and open-heartedness of 'Forget It.' All the lyrics are great and combined with Ben's voice they complement the music brilliantly.

In case you haven't noticed I absolutly adore this album! I would suggest you buy this album just for 'Sooner Or Later' which is one of my favourite songs ever and the reason I bought the album! But, if I'm being honest, there isn't a bad song on this album, it's all amazing! The range of styles and sounds is simply magnificent and is a major reason why I love this album. If someone stole it I'd be devastated and buy a new one straight away. Buy this album!