We Are Not Alone review by Breaking Benjamin

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Breaking Benjamin: We Are Not Alone

Breaking Benjamin's greatest strength in 'We Are Not Alone' is their guitars. Very great rhythm. They're really quick with their fingers in the rhythm. One downside, however, in this album is their lack of some drums at some point. The guitar covers up for that area, luckily. In 'Follow,' despite it being my favorite song in the album, lacks some quick drumming for a band like Breaking Benjamin. Just like I said earlier, the guitar covers up that problem.

Ben Hurley does it again. We got great lyrics, and Ben Hurley brings out the soul of the songs in his vocals. His voice sounds like a deep echo, which suits a band like Breaking Benjamin. The guitar intros and solos start out like alternative rock, but Ben comes in with the chorus, giving the song an enlightening feel. I have the Clean Version, for obvious reasons, but the lyrics are still really good, whether Ben says 'mess or f--k.'

Overall, Breaking Benjamin's 'We Are Not Alone' is a smart bargain. Lucky for me, I got the Clean Version, so my parents would let me listen to it. They didn't fix the Clean Version well, as you can still hear b--ch in 'Believe.' If you're the the type of person that just wants to break free, this album is fit for you. 'Firefly' and 'Follow' are really good songs for 'freedom fighters.'