We Are Not Alone review by Breaking Benjamin

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Breaking Benjamin: We Are Not Alone

We Are Not Alone is Breaking Benjamin's second album, Saturate being their first. To start off, this band improved since Saturate, musically and they became more mature. Their lyrics arn't as shallow and they have gotten better at their instruments. This was deffinatley a great album. The guitar riffs were great, they all fit in so well with each song. The bass wasn't completley drowned out but it wasn't too loud either which I really liked. We Are Not Alone is by far the best album I've heard from Breaking Benjamin.

Benjamin Burnley has been a great songwriter since Saturate. He has a point in all of his songs but he leaves them open to where almost anyone can relate to them. Since their debut album he has improved his songwriting skills. He has become more mature and he isnt so shallow in most of these songs. One of the catchiest lyrics on this album (in my opinion) is the chorus of "Simple Design", it goes like this "Cause I know what you want, but you'll just have to wait. If I had it to give I would give it away. I'm living it up while I'm falling from grace, there's no way that I'm running away.." he sings this perfectley also. I have always been amazed with Ben's voice. He has a wide range of vocal abilities, he has one of the best singing voices I've ever heard, and a great scream. His vocals fit perfectley with every song. A lot of people say they don't like the song "Rain", I thought it was beautiful. Ben's voice is so amazing in this song, espically when he sings, "Rain, Rain, go away, come again another day. All the world is waiting for the sun." Overall the lyrics and the vocals fit in so well with every song.

This is a great improvement on there already awesome debut album. The most impressive songs on the album (in my opinion) are: "Rain", "Simple Design", "Firefly", "Break My Fall", and "Forget It". But every song on this album is great. I love how this album can be heavy and then go right into a soothing rythm. If this were lost or stolen, I would deffinatley buy it again. But if someone stole this album, I'd find them, beat the living shit out of them, and take it back. I reccomend this album to anyone who like alternative/metal, or is just starting to get into Breaking Benjamin.

Metal_Rich
    The review by the UG team was awful... good grief the chorus to rain is based off of a children's song. Why else would it sound like one!?
    SenX7sun
    The only album I own by BB is Phobia, but I've heard a few of these songs. Firefly's awesome. Some others are good too. I plan on getting this album soon.