We Are Not Alone review by Breaking Benjamin

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Breaking Benjamin: We Are Not Alone

Breaking Benjamin's 2004 release We Are Not Alone is their best album out of the 3 they've recorded. So Cold is easily the best track on there. Rain gives you a different feel for the band, as it's acoustic guitar throws their rock sound off a little bit. But, of course, that was their first song ever recorded.

Saturate, Breaking Benjamin's first album, was not exactly what you'd call "radio-friendly". He cussed a little bit too much in about every song. They've toned it down a bit in this album, which has great lyrics. Ben Burnley still gives the band a great sound, as he will for their next few albums. Sometimes he sings great, but at times he just screams into the microphone, and it gets on my nerves. Especially on track 11, Believe, he yells into the microphone in every chorus, kind of drowning out the guitar. If you've never heard Breaking Benjamin, buy this or their 2006 release Phobia, which includes the Diary of Jane and Until The End.

We Are Not Alone is definitely a step above Saturate. All of the songs are great, except for Break My Fall, which I just plain don't like. It has bad singing and bad guitar music in general but that's just me. I recommend this album to everyone who's interested!

Peter Reardon
    We Are Not Alone has to be my favorite album from Breaking Benjamin. I love every single one of the tracks, I have no favorites on the album, I just love the whole god damn thing.
    eyebanez333
    great album. as said above...every song is great. seriously...every song could've been a single.
    MaXiMuse
    Why is everybody saying that their Dropped C tuning is so low? They have songs in Dropped Bb!
    cKy_maniac
    its really funny cus i have a friend who plays guitar in my band and he is the spit for the lead singer of breaking benjamin :p
    mdp350dx
    Being an owner of this album I must agree with the review about Breaking Benjamin's second album. Once you pop in the CD and you hear So Cold you are immeadiately drawn into the album. The instruments and vocals blend very well in each song and you can easily feel the same emotion Burnley does.
    strat0blaster
    Someone needs to point out the bass playing on this cd. The guy's a monster. Listen to "Breakdown." Even better - listen to the guitarist and bassist's last band - Lifer. I love Breaking Benjamin, but Lifer was better IMO.