Breed 77 Review

artist: Breed 77 date: 05/13/2006 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Breed 77: Breed 77
Release Date: 2002
Label: Infernal Records
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock
 9.2
 8.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Breed 77 Reviewed by: Stevie B, on may 13, 2006

Sound: This band sounds quite like Ill Nino with Spanish tinged metal and a mixture of Spanish and English lyrics. Screamed lyrics mixed with harsh guitar riffs showcase the heavier side of them but they also have a softer side with spanish acoustic guitar. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics can be quite strange at times and speak a lot of pain and suffering as well as equality and karma. Most songs have quite a lot of meaning but sometimes the lyrics just dont seem to make sense. The lyricist has a good voice and adds a Spanish influence to the music. // 8

Overall Impression: This is the only Breed 77 album that I have and I think it is a very good one. I think this band is better than Ill Nino who are the only other band I know of this particular style. The most impressive songs on the album are Shadows, with an amazing yet simple riff, and Rise, again with great riffs but very heavy. I love the stop start heavy soft feel of it as well as the great riffs and mixture of vocals they use. If it was stolen or lost I would get this album again. // 9

Comments