Digital Ash In A Digital Urn review by Bright Eyes

• Released: Jan 25, 2005
Bright Eyes: Digital Ash In A Digital Urn

Very electronic without being overly electronic. Refeshingly different yet with a fimiliar and catchy feel to the music. Not what I expected after buying and listening to I'm Wide Awake It's Mornings. But captures an equally enjoyable sound. I love it.

Conor Oberst wrote the lyrics enough said. Hes a genious, poetic yet real to life. He can write about wanting to be love by a particular someone but knowing he wont be loved back (Ship In A Bottle), his drinking problem (Hit The Switch), a friend that died (Light Pollution), or even casual sex (Take It Easy).

I love the sound, the lyrics, everything. Amazing, brilliant, and just as good as I'm Wide Awake Its Morning. I love every song, especially, Hit The Switch, Down In A Rabbit Hole, and Gold Mine Gutted, just to name a few. If it were stolen I would kick the guy who stole it in the balls and take the money in his wallet and buy it again. To be nice I'd let him keep the old copy cause it's just that good.

SLD.Potato
    I think this album's much underrated, mostly from the eclipse it had from "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning".
    anti45
    I honestly thought this was a much more inovative and interesting album than "wide awake..". It shows that conor can operate outside of the acoustic indie genre and develops electronic ideas heard earlier on "letting..." Good stuff !