Letting Off The Happiness review by Bright Eyes

• Released: Jan 1, 1998
Bright Eyes: Letting Off The Happiness

Alright this isn't the kind of CD you pick up and love to death immediatly but it grows on you and when it does you won't be able to turn it off. It's pretty soft for the most part but it has a couple of more uptempo songs that are also great. The harmonys on songs like Contrast and Compare are amazing.

Conor Oberst is an amazing lyricst, period. If you listen to the words it will strike a chord with you no matter who you are or how tough you act. The lyrics and music complement each other like peanut butter and jelly and he delivers the words exactly how they should be sung, with emotion and sincerity.

This album doesn't compare to any other album I've ever heard, it's just that good. From "If Winter Ends" to "Tereza and Thomas" there isn't a bad song on it. The better ones in my opinion are "Padriac My Prince", "The Difference in the Shades" and "A Poetic Retelling of an Unfortunate Seduction". I love the way this album provokes emotion and I listen to it all the time. Although their other albums are also amazing I think this is their overall best so check it out, it's outstanding.