Letting Off The Happiness review by Bright Eyes

• Released: Jan 1, 1998
Bright Eyes: Letting Off The Happiness

The wonderful "Letting Off The Happiness." I personally love this CD, most of the people I know like "Digital Ash In A Digital Urn," or they like "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning." "Letting Off The Happiness" was recorded all on 8-tracks and records in a basement, then Saddle-Creek pu tin on a CD, but you can definitly tell that it is recorded at home. Most like newer CD's but The older Bright Eye's CD's just have an life suck's and I don't care how bad we sound feel to it, Conor has his whiny-emotional voice which adds to the music so much. Don't say you a true Bright Eye's fan unless you have heard this album, "Padraic My Prince" is the reason I love Bright Eye's.

As I said before Conor Oberst has the perfect voice for this CD, I have heard some "preppy" kids talk about how Conor has a horrible voice and all his music sucks, but without his voice it would sounds like Deathcab or Rilo Kiley or something. As for the lyrics, Conor has definitly put every emotion possible in it, including: sex, death, love, jealosy, etc. This album definitly proves that Conor Oberst is one of the best songwriters ever.

Most people probably wouldn't like this CD, but if you really do like the real "indie" sound or you want to experiment with it, then I would say give it a shot. I would definitly buy another one, it would be my third time buying this CD (gave one to a friend).

hiddeninromance
    this album is superb for a new conor fan it will take some growing, but the lyrics on this album and songs like touch...just blow me away. one of my favourite cds i shall be buried with this
    jaymyvendetta
    Many years ago this CD was the first I'd ever bought with my own money. I loved it then and still love it to death now. Recommended buy for anyone who even remotely likes Bright Eyes.
    JaggedOak
    you couldn't be more right. this is a grower and i love old bright eyes more than new but we all have to move on. this album is available for 5 in my local Virgin. and it should be everywhere else.