Lifted Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear Review

Released: Aug 12, 2002
Label: Saddle Creek
Genre: Rock
Styles: Indie Pop, Indie Rock
On this album, Bright Eyes has mixed badness with beauty for a sonic storybook that relates to everyone.
 9.2
 8.7
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Lifted Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 02, 2005

Sound: The sound of Bright Eye's CDs never really differ that much from the other one. I say that because this album reminds me alot of Fevers And Mirrors when it comes to sound, but Fevers And Mirrors was incredible so thats not a bad thing. Fevers And Mirrors wasn't as cluttered as this CD though, there is way to much going on in basically every song. There's basically just a lot of noise that kind of ruins some of the songs and kills the possible knock out that this CD could of been. But whats the point in critiquing him, as said he in the last track "I don't read the reviews, no I am not singing for you." // 8

Lyrics: Everyone always complains about Conor Oberst's voice, he does not have a bad voice, he has a unique voice, and people don't like new things, so they trash him about his voice, but listen people, it's not that bad. Lyrically, why should I even talk about the lyrics, it's Conor Oberst, of course the lyrics trash anything else you've ever heard. It's not emo lyrics either, they're very unique and heartfelt lyrics that acually mean something. I get Goosebumps even after listening to his albums for hundreds of times, he just has a crazy effect on you, his lyrics hit your heart. And when it comes to lyrics fitting with the music, perfection. // 10

Overall Impression: Well, this is deffinately not the best Brights Eyes CD, although I'm still convinced that Letting Off the Happiness is his best. The only real problem here is all the extra instruments and noise that really shouldn't of been there in so many songs. All the songs are honestly incredible, but it could have been a better CD without all the extra noise. // 8

Comments