Wake Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Wake Reviewed by: Musicismylife77, on march 03, 2010

Sound: This band is absolutely incredible, Not many people have heard about them but they are my personal favorite band. The music and band just grab me like nothing else before. It's not that their sound is necessarily different, it's just their blend of great lyrics, music, emotion, and the ability to connect with the listener. The singer has a great voice and you can tell there is no or little autotune used, his voice is rawly extremely impressive. Brightwood's sound is hard to match, So I can't tell you any bands they sounds like, Check them out for yourself. You will not be disappointed. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrical style Brightwood has it really great, While a good majority of their songs are about relationship stuff, they still keep it fresh with great metaphors and different themes. They also have some very philosophical lyrics in some songs, and yet can still get to that point of connection, another thing that makes them one of the top bands out there right now. // 10

Overall Impression: Brightwood's top three songs are probably, 01. Wake: (A song with amazing drums, great emotional music all together, and deep emotional lyrics.) 02. Dreamer To A Dream: (A song with awesome lyrics that are extremely relatable to, and a solid mellow sound with a nice lead guitar part and bells that tie in to make the music even greater. Truly a great song.) 03. Sit Still: (not on Wake) (This song is the song that got me into Brightwood, a classic in my book, This song appears on "The Love Antidote EP," but it one amazing song musically, The lyrics are good. it's all around something you wanna hear.) There is absolutely nothing I can say I hate about this album besides the fact that there is only 10 songs! (not including to interludes) It is just top notch work. If this were to get stolen or lost or something I would definitely buy it again. I can't live without this band. If you're reading this and like Alternative Rock music. Check them out, you will not be disappointed. // 10

Comments