Count Your Blessings review by Bring Me the Horizon

• Released: Oct 30, 2006
Bring Me the Horizon: Count Your Blessings

A few years after the release of their debut EP 'This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Was Made For' Bring Me The Horizon bring their debut album to us entitled 'Count Your Blessings'. And fans will notice that their initial sound has changed. They now encorporate more of a death metal type of sound within their songs, but they still manage to make the sound unique to them. All of the musicians in the band have certainley improved their skills and the sound it creates is incredible.

The lyric side of the band hasn't improved dramatically, and steal deals with the situations of struggle and failed love. But the way frontman Oliver Sykes expresses them with his vocals make them sound much more terrible than we could imagine. With lyrics lines such as "She starts her new diet of liqour and dick, just like Hollywood but laced in sick. The sun goes down, and so does she." Let's us know just how pissed this guy is.

'Count Your Blessings' is a definite improvement musically for the band, but fans of their older sound might not be too fond of this album. Especially as 2 of it's tracks are short instrumentals that perhaps Oli Sykes just couldn't be assed writing lyrics for. But tracks such as 'Pray For Plagues', 'Liqour & Love Lost' and 'Off The Heezay' are sure to get a goos moshpit going and get the anger and adrenaline pumping for anybody. The thing I love the most about this album is the fact that you couldn't get tired of it quickly, all the songs are either hard, fast or exciting. But the thing I hate most is the two instrumentals that are in there which make the album much shorter. If it were stolen or lost then I wouldn't hesitate to go out and buy myself another copy. If death metal is your taste and you like your ears to be battered with double-bass drums, killer guitars and brutal vocals then this album is just for you.