Count Your Blessings review by Bring Me the Horizon

• Released: Oct 30, 2006
Bring Me the Horizon: Count Your Blessings

This seems slot more death metal than their previous offering, which was more of an 'all out' metal record. The change in style has no impact, I love BMTH so much and this album is great. I like to class them as 'metalcore' and I'm really getting into that stuff atm. The guitarists are amazing and vocals are phenomenal!

The lyrics are very dark without crossing into Cannibal Corpse-type territory, yet almost emo when the occasion calls for it. At times when the lyrics may seem dull, the way they are sung ressurects them entirely. Amazingly metaphoric and thought provoking such as 'I whispered in her ear, fear me dear for I am death' omg love it.

There are a fair fw other bands who do this stuff obviously, but I dnt think they particularly come close to BMTH. The best songs are probably Braille (previously called 'For Stevie Wonder's Eyes Only' LMAO), (I Used To Make Out With) Medusa and a lot Like Vegas. I love the way all the hardcore madness is broken up by two instrumentals. I just wish there were a couple more tracks. If it was stolen I wouldn't buy it agen because it's on my PC now. But still it's mint. Buy it now. Everybody!

confinedforever
    i bought the album and listened to every song, and none of the songs were disappointing!!! all crunching death core songs straight from sheffield!!
    confinedforever
    why doesn't everyone put the excuse of there looks aside and listen to the music becuase its great!! a lot of talent in this band and there will be more, the will rise to become one of the biggest deathcore bands around!!
    xDropxDeadx
    i was expecting more flaming on here. there are a sickass band. the quality of the guitarists is sick and fat matt is an awesome drummer, not to mention oli sykes who has everything a frontman needs. and there only 19.