Count Your Blessings review by Bring Me the Horizon

• Released: Oct 30, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Bring Me the Horizon: Count Your Blessings

When I first heard bring me the horizon, I hated it, with a pashion. I thought I had never heard so much sh*t. That was from there EP, "This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Was Made For". This was until a friend of mine recommended I purchase "count Your Blessings". I did, and on first play, I wasn't a fan. As time progressed, so did my love for this album. And it is now one of my favourite albums currently around. Instrumentally, Bring Me The Horizon are simply mindblowing.

I am not a massive fan of screamo, although I do listen to it alot. Oli Sykes is a good screamer, but I am not a fan of his high-pitched screaming. This, in my view, is the one down side to Bring Me The Horizon. The lyrics, on the other hand, are amazing. Each song is deeply meaningful, and something people can relate to. The lyrics fit in perfectly with the music itself.

Out of the few well known hardcore screamo bands, Bring Me The Horizon are probably the best around. There are few bands around, if any, that can match BMTH's amazing instrumental ability. The stand out songs are "Pray For Plagues", "A Lot Like Vegas", "Black & Blue", "(I Used To Make Out With) Medusa" and "Off The Heezay". If I lost this album, I would definately purchase it again.

face_haver
    Also between the buried and me is far more technical, inventive and brutal than BMTH. They have some OK Breakdowns but as i mentioned before the lyrics really ruin it for me.
    tait100
    I totally agree with you mate first or second time of listening i thought it absolutely sucked but after some time i really started to like them and they are now probaly my best band to date BMTH have so much potential to do really well, curtis and lee are two of the best music writers i have heard in a long time...there riffs are just awesome !!! i do hope they continue to make ****ing good music !!!
    face_haver
    I hated this album it got so boring and generic fast and their riffs don't excite me anymore. Personally i liked the rawer approach of the EP. And the lyrics are probably some of the worst and most childish i've heard on a heavy album. I was looking forward to this album and it's really got old fast and dissapointed me.
    greeny9041
    For a start BMTH are not screamo and i dont know how honestly any1 could call a band screamo that uses death metal drumming techniques, low pitched screaming and insane breakdowns in their music! Just because their haircuts are scene doesnt make them screamo! This album is awesome, the ep is awesome and the fact that they r so young makes it all the more impressive and what ever u want 2 say about them, as musicians/songwriters they own!