Count Your Blessings review by Bring Me the Horizon

• Released: Oct 30, 2006
Bring Me the Horizon: Count Your Blessings

The name Bring Me The Horizon catches your interest first. After you search for a little, you end up coming across their myspace, I have to say, I have been a fan since the EP. The sound is not the most original, to be honest. Oli's screams are put together in this CD, the guitars sound a lot heavier than they actually are, and the drumming lefts a little to be desired. The overall sound is nice, but it is not as original as many would hope. I think that they sound a lot like The Black Dahlia Murder, which is another reason why people should try them.

At first, you won't be able to understand what Oli is saying, but eventually you'll learn the songs meanings. The lyrics are put together very well, and the screaming fits every aspect of it. They're foul mouthed towards past relationships, which just adds to the viciousness. The way the lyrics are written makes it flow along, and is extremely catchy; after a few listens, you'll be singing Medusa in your head.

My overall impression of this album is great. I believe they could've written a few more songs, or have put some songs off the EP on here, but nonetheless, it's much better than the EP. I love how catchy everything is, and is a must have for deathcore, metalcore, and thrashcore fans. I really dislike how the CD only lasts about 30 minutes, it dissapoints me because I know they could've written more songs. If this CD were stolen or lost, I would buy a new copy, because this is a must have for this genre of music.

fender_NiNE
    this album is friggin amazing... "I'll take your ****ing dreams! I'll take your love, I'll take everything, you ****ing BITCH!!!" that part gets me so ****ing pumped its awesome.
    Centurion
    I really liked the EP but I thought this album was a step in the wrong direction whilst still being a step forward if you get what I mean. It just sounds a little too much like a Black Dahlia Murder imitation.