Sempiternal review by Bring Me the Horizon

• Released: Apr 2, 2013
Bring Me the Horizon: Sempiternal

When you as someone about BMTH the most common thing is that they have changed. Not everyone likes these changes but I've gotta say "Sempiternal" is the biggest. Metalcore sound mixed with some electric samples came out very good. I haven't been expecting that but when album leaked, I listened to that and fell in love from the first sound of "Can You Feel My Heart." The album is different with its variety. We can listen to some light songs like "And the Snakes Start to Sing" or "Hospital for Souls," but it's a sin to not mention good old fashioned deathcore incoming in "Shadow Moses" or "Antivist." To sum up, Jordan Fish put into the band a lot of new stuff, but we can't call it a failure, on the contrary it's a huge success.

I think every fan of Bring Me The Horizon loves the lyrics from their songs because Oli Sykes is able to express a lot of emotions in one track. As we look at the lyrics from "Sempiternal" we see another good job and maturity. Sempiternal means everlasting, eternal and that's what album is about. "Shadow moses" takes all the problems and shows up that you can't change your destiny and all you can do is get used to it. Every song's lyrics are perfect in their own way. On "Sempiternal" we have another surprise - Oli's clean vocals. He haven't sung before but as we can hear he's doing well.

In comparison to older albums Bring Me The Horizon has changed. On the other hand "Sempiternal" seems to be a continuation of "There Is a Hell..." because of their dissimilarity. For me the most impressive songs are "Shadow Moses," "Hospital for Souls," "Go to Hell, For Heaven's Sake," "Sleepwalking." I love this variety of sound 'cause I can hear what music inspired them to write this music. I would like a little more hard songs but I don't think it's a minus because we have some hard tracks on album. I hope I'll never ever lose my signed "Sempiternal" but if I lost it, I would definitely buy it again.