Suicide Season review by Bring Me the Horizon

• Released: Sep 29, 2008
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky
Bring Me the Horizon: Suicide Season

I had high hopes for bring me the horizon especially after count your blessings, but to be completely honest bring me the horizons new album did nothing but disappoint. Oliver Sykes ripped off the Architects vocals, the guitar work was bland, and the breakdowns, catchy at most. The overall sound became a whiny teenage boy attempting to sell out.

The lyrics were extremely catchy, a huge plus. But all he did was whine so it became intolerable, also oliver Sykes "yelling" ruined the vocals completely for me, though the growls were great like in the song"No Need For Introductions" but other wise, the vocals were completely trash.

Compared to Count Your Blessings, this album is filth, unless originality is your thing.... "Sleep With One Eye Open" and "No Need For Introductions" were by far the best songs. I love that the album brought death-core mainstream, but I hate the way it did it. And if it was stolen or lost, I would go buy myself a actually decent CD and pretend this one never happed.

OrganicCage
    The only good thing about this album are the Drumming and the title track. The rest just sounds like scene garbage.
    OrganicCage
    oh and the fact that chelsea smile is the biggest ****ing scene anthem ever annoys me bug time. Oli needs to really listen to his vocals sometime. They are totally shot to hell.
    IFightBears
    I shouldn't hate on things but seriously can you blame me... BMTH = Bring Me The Hairspray.
    deathofarev
    ok, this area is riddled with scene kids, an ok there are some OK-ish tracks on the album, but their first album an the EP are better, an ok CYB needs better production but if thats all the band could do, that's all they could do, still with regards to this album, not summat i'd buy, although i have listened to it, i'd buy the first album on the other hand, i hope they step it up a lot for the 3rd album
    FearOfTheDuck
    nuclearrootbeer wrote: this album is garbage
    ^Coming from someone who just listens to da metulz. I used to dislike this band, only because of their image. I grew up and gave them a chance. They are fantastic and have really improved live. They out performed bands like Soulfly, Slayer, Alice in Chains, Fear Factory and Anthrax at Sonisphere. Third best band of the weekend, Rammstein and Maiden being 2nd and 1st. That may be hard for an elitist to digest, but its true. Looking foward to the new album.