There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret. review by Bring Me the Horizon

• Released: Oct 4, 2010
Bring Me the Horizon: There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret.

First of all, the sound of the album is quite different to the rest of their albums, the album has a very nice sound to it, and I would say this would be considered metalcore, not deathcore as count your blessings was. Oli does scream in this album, but not as much as they use to, and for the record, Oli's vocal chords aren't "f--ked" I recently seen bring me the horizon live and he still can, just he chooses to sing differently, but hey that is his choice. The us of keys and choir is really like a small thing added into songs, so it ain't like, "oh let's put techno shiz into this and say it's innovative", One of the things I REALLY like with this album, is that they aren't doing the stereotypical metal band thing (which some naive "metal heads" think it should be like, even though metal is a large and diverse genre), they took out playing things fast and screaming, packing it together and being "hardcore" and pleasing the one view so called "metal heads", these songs have a new rhythm which is really nice, and has some nice breakdowns and heavy parts, but also added some clean so parts, which adds a nice feel to their songs, their songs actually have feeling to it, that spine tapping feeling when you hear something that is just so smooth and deep, and yes bmth are now playing so deep music which is great, they kept their heaviness and added feel to it, I think this was a much better way to go than suicide season. The guitar, bass, and drums sound really nice in this album, and the writing of the songs is great, it has fast paced playing, and slow paced playing, breakdowns, so I think the instrument side of this is really innovative, and has a new sound to it, they are also now playing in Drop C and not Drop B like their previous albums, which I think was a nice choice. Also now the guitar has an interesting rhythm to it, and what is really different, is how they are playing a lot of high notes instead of just going with some heavy sounding ones.

The lyrics in this album is also great, it seems like the lyrics are having a slight religious twist to them, which interesting. The words they pick seems to run smoothly with their songs as well. Oli screams and does that yelling sound through out the album, how I see it, he isn't making every bit heavy, so you will be hearing him "yell" and then, boom, heavy scream, makes the heavy parts and the songs all more worth it how I see it.

The album is very different and I haven't heard anything like it from anyone else, it has that bmth sound to it still which is great. I love how unique this new album is, and how deep it is, and not some heavy chugs (which people say they are, but of course if they ACTUALLY listened to them, they would know this is not the case). This band gets convicted since oli had a "scene" look when the band started out, and people who like metal are all like, oh how gay, he likes his hair. This sort of unfair judging is what causes all these stupid debates on metal, metal is MUSIC, not how people dress and look. Also I have seen Oli live, and he ain't a dick when they play live, so people are just making up things to bring down bmth's reputation. This is a great album and is unfairly judged by second hand opinions. Their best songs I would say are (on this album): Visions Blessing with a curse It never ends Home Sweet Hole the rest are good aswell, but these please me the most. I hope, one day, there won't be these "oh I hate this band cuz I saw a guy that didn't like them to, cuz I am so hardcore", people need to make their own opinions, like seriously, how un-metal to have a little cry about how the singer looks. BMTH is a good band