There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret. review by Bring Me the Horizon

• Released: Oct 4, 2010
Bring Me the Horizon: There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret.

There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It, There Is A Heaven Lets Keep It A Secrete is the third album from Bring Me the Horizon. It is hard to say the band has taken a huge leap forward, but they certainly topped their last album. The guitars are still very heavy and drive the album all the way through. There is lots of typical Bring Me the Horizon chugging going on through this album. The problem though is that after the first few songs the guitars start to get old and sometimes even predictable. The song Blessed With A Curse is a real star on this record. It provides a nice break from the extremely heavy guitars. There are clean parts during the song that really set the mood for the whole song. What really makes this album better than Suicide Season is the use of guest singers and the occasional "electronic synthesizer parts" i.e. Attack! Attack! The first song Crucify Me is a great example of this. It starts of nice and heavy and then transitions into a choppy choir section that leads right back into the heavy comping. The song then slows down and ends with a soft acoustic part with LIGHTS! LIGHTS pops up again in the song Don't Go. You Me At Six singer Josh Franceschi does some vocals on the song Fuck. There are some cool sing along sections through out the album that keep the listener tuned in. Oli's voice is just as irritatingly enjoyable as on the last record. There is a subtle lisp that comes out in his singing. The drums do a nice job of keeping the music in balance. The bass is sometimes lost between everything that is musically going on. The production on the CD is very well done.

There is nothing lyrically revolutionary about There Is A Hell Believe Me I've Seen It. Oliver does do a good job of getting the message out that he has changed his life around. The typical Rock N' Roll themes of sex, love, and loneliness are evident. Nothing too impressive lyrically. Something that will probably irk the listener is a lack of singing. TIAHBISITIAHLKAS could really be something special if Oli sang on some parts as opposed to screaming.

It took a few listens to get through the whole album in one try. It starts out really strong with the first 5-6 songs but gets a tiny bit stale during the ladder half of the record. I would recommend this album to any one who never heard Bring Me the Horizon before. It definitely tops Suicide Season and is the bands best record yet. Despite a strong performance, if you were looking for something revolutionary from Bring Me the Horizon then you might have to wait for a future record.

riseagainst26
    i really love this album i dont know why everyone hates them, they really aren't bad and i love the passion oli sykes has in screaming and lyrics
    TheEpicToilet
    Seriously guys? This was a great album! So if you didn't like their previous albums, who cares? This album was awesome, and I really enjoyed their new sound
    WatTwo
    PowerOfGlove wrote: Count Your Blessings was a brilliant album. D: '15 Fathoms, Counting', anyone?
    that song is amazing. and i like the new album, i dont see why everyones saying they suck... i can guarantee the people who say that, haven't listened to more than 3 songs. I used to be like them saying they're scene kids with no talent, but i gave them a chance and guess what? One of my favorite bands now..
    dinley
    MLK5060 wrote: Odds are their haircuts will offend you and hey, that defines the quality of the music, right?
    +1 applauds
    Gerbaschlonk
    So much writing it's like GAHHHH. I read most of the convo and a few reviews and as much as my opinion is as useless as everyone elses because at the end of the day the band is richer and more famous then us and if your on this site chances are your trying to to get some form of recognition for your talent I'm going to share a bit anyway. I like the album, I'm not keen on Oli at all, from what I've heard he's an idiot but fame gets to everyone... even PWD as much as it breaks my heart to admit, but i still like it. I like the direction they're taking. And I CBF quoting anything the convo is just too frikin big but I'm going to address a couple of the main issues that I noticed throughout the whole of this page. 1. It isn't real metal. No, it isn't the stereotypical chug, riff, chug, solo, riff, outro (Ok its not like that but you know what I'm saying so don't flame) but then again what we call real metal isn't anything like the original 'metal' which I can't stand to listen to. Not flaming it, it's just not my thing. It's heavy, that cannot be denied, it's catchy as hell in some places and i think the first few songs should be categorised as 'Party Metal' because when I listen to it that's what I want to do, party and party hard. I think it's great that it's boppy and electronic because I do like to listen to that type of music and to here it in a heavy format is just great. I will write a review later to fully address the album but it's late here so I'm just generalising. 2. The band cops a lot of flack from haters who have barely heard the music anyway and have judged them for their image. Hell if i judged every band I listened to for their image my playlist would be a lot smaller then it is now. I.E. I sure as hell don't feel like cutting up women as TIAM lyrics seem to suggest but the music is enjoyable nontheless. Not the best example because I'm not an overly huge fan but you can see my point. I doubt any of you really support a lot of what is said in lyrics and represented by bands these days. Just look at COF. Anyway before anyone flames me for anything ignorant I may have said remember that this is just a quick general comment with a few examples that I use due to my own tastes and understandings. As it has been stated again and again, its all relative. It always will be. I like the album, they did a good job of changing direction from CYB and developing what they tried in SS. Also remember, they have Jonas in the band, he's played for two of the greatest modern metal bands, they can't be that bad.Pluse he's Australian and he used to play basketball in my home town so yeah I'm a tad bias.