There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret. review by Bring Me the Horizon

• Released: Oct 4, 2010
Bring Me the Horizon: There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret.

A band surrounded by hate. Why? I don't actually know, maybe it's their visual personna, that makes them easy target? Who knows. All I know is that is a great album, and one that is definitely in my top ten albums from last year. I've never listen to previous BMTH material so I can't really comment on that, but this album is great. Consisting of heavy, ear pounding metal, blended in with some strong melody and abit of electro mixing. Their single "It Never Ends" is a great song; lyrically catchy from the off and probably one of the most melodic songs on the album. While also sticking to the all out balls to the wall metal, with songs like "Alligator Blood". While the album as a whole is brilliant, it did have a couple of weak tracks. I found track 4: "F--k" to lack that little something, something. It doesn't have much of a distinct sound, and while this is a biast opinion, I felt that the "You Me At Six" singer brought the song further down. Just my own preference there, though. Overall, the tracks are heavy, catchy and well worth a listen if your a metal fan.

Lyric writing in this album I found to be supurb, especially "Alligator Blood" and "It Never Ends". His lyrics seem to go for a personal approach, too. His vocal abilities, however, is a different story. He is good at what he does, screaming and shouting, nothing wrong with that at all, but the problem we have on this ablum is a couple of the songs are going for a softer approach, and Olie's vocal screaming doesn't quite fit. Maybe he doesn't think he's good enough to sing, and if that's the case, full respect to him to sticking to what he knows, but they shouldn't be doing softer songs if that is the case. "Don't Go" is probably the song that takes the biggest hit in the clashing department, it just sounds like a very disjointed song because of the vocals. The female singer, Lights, however, does save the song from being a total disaster, added a nice layer of melody to the track. Overall the lyrics themselves are brilliant. Very well written, but due to Ollie only have a limited amount of potential with his voice, it holds some of the tracks back.

A great album! It's a metal album, but with little bits of added spice to set it apart from your generic metal album. Supurb guitar and drum work, and when Ollie sticks to what he knows the songs sore to epic proportions. This album was a massive suprise to me, as I wasn't expecting a great deal, to be honest, but the joke was on me as it was a strong album, and definitely one of the best metal albums to come out last year. It's good to see metal bands trying out different things.

mesias049
    To all those who posted negative comments, Are you even playing instruments? Did you even bother to listen to their album? Do you even have experience/s in performing in a live audience? So much trolls. -_-