Defender Of The Crown Review

Brocas Helm: Defender Of The Crown
Released: Jul 4, 2004
Genre: Heavy Metal
Label: Self-released
"Defender Of The Crown" is a full-length album released by the heavy Metal band Brocas Helm and is, as of today, the last release of the band.
 9.3
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Defender Of The Crown Reviewed by: aaronmcm99, on june 06, 2012

Sound: Okay I'm VERY surprised there's no review on any album by Brocas Helm on this entire website and I was taken aback completely as Brocas Helm are one of my favourite bands of all time, so this album is best described as a gentler Three Inches O Blood, very medieval, all church like, best described in "Cry Of The Banshee" which is my favourite song by the way so the sound is very... Fulfilling for want of a better of a better word to listen. // 9

Lyrics: The lead singer has a hugely iconic voice - like three inches of blood - and makes for some great songs like "Drink The Blood Of The Priest" among others, and the lyrics are VERY medieval, all about kings, wizards, and monsters and ghouls, and fit in well with the guitar riffs of the songs, with "Cry Of The Banshee" having the best guitar riff I've ever heard. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this album, and listen to it everytime I get to, the best song is by far "Cry Of The Banshee" with "Drink The Blood Of The Priest" a close, so I would recommend this album to any metal fan out their or any who just want to experiment with music, I'd buy this album again for sure, and so should you! // 9

Comments