Broken Bells review by Broken Bells

• Released: Mar 9, 2010
Broken Bells: Broken Bells

Broken Bells formed in 2009 by two musicians, James Mercer and Brian Burton. Listening to Broken Bells you get the feel of Experimental, Indie Rock, Alternative Rock and various older influences such as The Beatles. Broken Bells have made very good use of the many instruments used to create their sound, making them a very innovative band.

Many of the lyrics of Broken Bells reveal various subjects such as personal struggle, hardships, cheating, sell-outs etc. My impression of their lyrics is that they tell a story, a life experience that is to happen or has happened. With the vocal skills of James Mercer, he brings to life these lyrics with a spectacular voice and amazing vocal capacity.

Some of the songs that stand out on the Broken Bells debut album are Vaporize, The High Road and The Ghost Inside, the last two having great videos. I love the music of the broken bells, with it's various instruments and it's drum beat; the two to me sound perfect. Personally I don't hate anything about the album, it's great music with a satisfaction that I would buy it again if it were lost!

burndttoast
    Definitely a damn good album with actual lyrical substance. I like the nostalgia/lost/anxious feeling that their CD exudes. I hope they do another.
    Crackinskulls'
    I know it's very good and it does have that substance in their music, and I'm sure they'll do another album soon!