Covering The Bases Review

Released: Jul 12, 2005
Label: Asylum
Genre: Rock
Styles: Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, Post-Grunge
Covering The Bases isn't really meant to be a real album, but it's a fun diversion for Arroyo and his fans.
 3.4
 6.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Covering The Bases Reviewed by: urthunderstruck, on august 15, 2005

Sound: For those who don't know, Bronson Arroyo is a pitcher for the Boston Red Sox. After hearing stories about his playing guitar on the road, I thought I might as well give him a few extra bucks. Arroyo has a good voice, but I was disappointed to find that he is pictured on the cover with his guitar, but he does not play on any of the songs. But his song probably couldn't get much better. He also gets a few appearances from Theo Epstein (Sonx General Manager) and teammates like Johnny Damon. // 8

Lyrics: Well, apart from the fact that Arroyo didn't right them, the vocals are good. Arroyo uses a real nice low and raspy voice, unique and resemblant of grunge. But still, there is something missing, maybe originality of songs, maybe spirit. I'm not sure but it evens out. // 6

Overall Impression: It's alright, not an album worth rebuying. But if you're a Sox fan, definetely something you can buy and not regret completely. Plush and Dirty Water really are great covers though, but The Freshman leaves something to be desired. And again, I hate the fact that he didn't play guitar on any song. But it's better than that emo crap you're into. // 6

Comments