#1s And Then Some Review

7.7
 5.4
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
#1s And Then Some Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 30, 2009

Sound: Brooks & Dunn, the world's most successful duo of all time, hands down, is going out with a BANG! They might be breaking up, but they're ending it big! Besides being a collection of all of their past #1s, this album also includes 2 previosly un-released tracks: Indian Summer, a great song about desire too early, is their 1st release off the album. Their 2nd brings way more energy into their finale. Honky-Tonk Stomp features Billy Gibbons, the legendary singer for ZZ Top. It's a pity he only says "Do the Honky-Tonk Stomp". I mean, why even have him in it if that's all he says. Still, the songs packs some sort of Ultimate-Guitar, expecially the solo! The other songs compile the past 2 decades of country music. "Ain't Nothing 'bout You", "She's Not the Cheatin' Kind", "Rock My World (Little Country Girl)", "Red Dirt Road", "That Ain't No Way to Go", and "Boot Scootin' Boogie" stand out in the 1st disc. "Play Something Country", "Cowgirls Don't Cry", "Only in America", "Neon Moon", and "My Maria" stand out on the 2nd. This is really the Ultimate B&D Collection! // 10

Lyrics: No Kidding, Brooks & Dunn are some of the best song-writers ever! The best written songs on the album are "Brand New Man" (Kix Brooks, Dunn, Don Cook), "Red Dirt Road" (Brooks, Dunn), "Cowgirls Don't Cry" (Dunn, McBride), "He's Got You" (Dunn, McBride), "Only in America" (Brooks, Dunn, Cook), and the one of the best written songs ever "Believe" (Dunn, Wiseman). Terry Mcbride deserves props for co-writing many of the songs, expecially Cowgirl's Don't Cry. Also, Don Cook for Brand New Man and Only in America, one of the best patriotic songs ever. Also, Craig Wiseman, for I Believe and Hillbilly Deluxe. The most props go to B&D, who wrote or co-wrote most of the songs, it shows talent. Ronnie Dunn has one of the most standout voices in music. Kix Brooks also can sing lead, play guitar, back up, and song-write. These guys are an awesome pair, and the split-up is terrible and unexpected. Still, the popularity of these guys has decreased, and weather they are going to start solo careers or retire still isn't clear. But whatever they do, they will be remembered as one of the top acts of all time. // 10

Overall Impression: I don't normally say this, but 10 out of 10. This album has it all. These guys are top, and following the split-up you can expect a line of Brooks and Dunn tabs, expecially from me! This is Brooks & Dunn's farewell, they had one heck of a career. And, for those of you who care about guitar, these guys can both pack it in all of the songs of the album! Even if you don't like country, show some respect for these guys! THEY ROCK! 10 out of 10(The first and last I'll ever give)! Good-bye And Thank You For 20 Years Of Awesome Brooks And Dunn, Guitarslinger P.S: Someone left a comment on one of my reviews saying I need an acount, and I'm happy with signatures and mystery. That and I don't have an e-mail. Thanks 4 Askin'! // 10

Comments