The Rising Review

Styles: Rock & Roll, Pop/Rock
 9.3
 8.5
The Rising Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 01, 2003

Overall Impression: Bruce is back and better than ever. This album has a sensitive side, and I think deals good with life after 9/11. It starts off with "Lonesome Day." This is classic Springsteen. As good as "Streets of Philadelphia" but with the backing of the E Street Band and Max Weinberg's drum part that brings it all together. This record was well worth the wait. "Mary's Place" has all the elements of his classic stories, and "The Rising" has undeniable charm. I recommend it to new and old Springsteen fans. Sure to win any music listener over. // 10

The Rising Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 30, 2003

Sound: This album is excellent, the sound is great. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are mostly about the 9/11, they touched me very deep inside, there are songs of hope like The Rising, or a song more gloomy like Empty Sky. Overall, the lyrics are great as usual and I'm not saying that because I am a Springsteen fan, his songs are great. // 10

Overall Impression: The Boss is back indeed, his latest album The Rising is one of his bests, it can be compared to Born to Run or Darkness on the Edge of Town, it is a true awsome rock album. Buy this album, you won't be disappointed. This is a 10 on 10 album. // 10

Comments