End Time review by Brutal Truth

• Released: Sep 27, 2011
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Brutal Truth: End Time

Brutal Truth is the first grind-core band I have ever listened to, and after hearing this CD I will look for others in the genre. The first thing I noticed that all but one song in this 23 song CD non of the songs break the 4 minute mark and one is only five seconds long. The sound I could only describe as a chaotic wall of sound with essence of death metal and obscure time signatures and very odd arrangements and with a few moments were it seemed like the four members were all playing a different song which was cool and a lot different then anything I have herded. The whole CD is one giant onslaught of heavy grinding riffs and beat, the only thing I found my self thinking is the songs were such a small burst of energy that it was hard to have any one song stand out to me but as a whole experience the CD was great.

To sum up the singing is all screams and guttural grunts which the singer is pretty good at what he does but most of it doesn't seem like the singing have a lot of words behind them in perhaps the singer is basically making sounds as in a lot of the time it is more of a fourth interments apposed to having lyrics with a heavy messages but when there is its just most likely for phrasing or just to add a bit to the song and in a few parts there is a line or two of clean singing as even a few spoken word parts which are a nice addition to the overall music.

Comparing this album to the rest of my collection this is an oddity and in its own way it is very cool the only complaint is that wile it has its own style of substance but it seems at times like its missing something but I don't know what it could be and it wouldn't be an album I would listen to every day but its good for a full listen through every so often its a solid listen and after hearing it I believe I will look into the past albums as well as grind-core in general.

Ibeanez
    ...which was cool and a lot different then anything I have herded.
    lol.
    bevski208
    Slaytan666 wrote: I He had welts all over his forehead from hitting himself with the mic.
    I think this guy's been doing something similar, he must have done to be writing like this.
    EpiExplorer
    Wondering when this was coming out, seems I'm quite behind.. XD Pretty decent, but somewhat harder to listen to than previous albums.
    Slaytan666
    I saw these guys live and they were awesome. I hung out with Kevin Sharp (the vocalist) for an hour after the show. He's a real cool guy. He had welts all over his forehead from hitting himself with the mic. To the reviewer.. I highly recommend the albums 'Kill Trend Suicide' and 'Sounds of the Animal Kingdom'.
    metalmania46
    In that whole review, I found a total of 11 pieces of punctuation. Seriously? In other news, I'll have to check this band out.