Cuts Like A Knife review by Bryan Adams

• Released: Jan 1, 1983
Bryan Adams: Cuts Like A Knife

First off, I'd like to include some background info on one of BAs rather old records. It was first published in 1983 at A&M Records, California, USA. This record is a classic in my collection. Just took it out to see if it still runs, and hell yeah, it does. If you know Bryan Adams, you know that rusty, smoke-drink-roar-barf kinda voice that always makes me feel happy. You know the unmistakeable guitar riffs and solos (like on "Cuts Like A Knife", "I'm ready" etc) and you might just recognize that typical (80's) style of rock & roll music. Which I think is great. But Adams proves his musical genius with ballads also, like "Straight from the Heart" where he's playing the piano. Or "The best was yet to come", where a keyboard is used to produce organ sounds. This record is a hidden treasure, so it's a must-checkout.

Lyrics wangle around being in love, about relationships between guy & girl, about the feeling when being together, a little reflecting of earlier times and what one might do for a loved one. Okay, seems worn out and boring, but still, Adams' catchy composing and arrangements of lyrics and the music, makes "Cuts Like A Knife" a good piece of rock & roll tunes. The booklet is nothing special, it includes the lyrics to all 10 tracks and some picture.

The record is definitely Bryan Adams-specific, you just have to know that voice and guitar riffs. What's interesting to me, is that Adams produced almost all of his work on his own, with a little help every here & there (CLAK: Adams and Bob Clearmountain). I happen to own a full discography collection of Bryan Adams, still this record is one of my favorites to listen to. It's just a small digest of all the great work Adams has done in his life, yet it's worth to be played to your friends, family or everyone that likes some rock music. Thumbs up for this record. Bryan Adams for President. (Obama for Vice).

djmay71
    bolezhinkov wrote: there is a resaon bryan adams couldnt be president - HE IS FROM CANADA. i sat next to him on a plane once, actually. maybe in 2001. I didnt have anything to say to him once we established that he was bryan adams. I have the same names as him. with a y and everything. oh and that song he had "the only thing that looks good on me is you" was pretty catchy. haha, for a late career jab.
    CANANDA FTW!!! in reply to ziz17 above, screw you. real genuine music was defined by icons like bryan adams.
    Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
    "Now, now, the Canadian government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions" South Park always says it best
    Bjw
    not a huge fan of BA but coments like these writen by people with little or none of his talent
    bolezhinkov