Room Service Review

Genre: Rock
Label: Polydor, Mercury
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Room Service Reviewed by: PedalFreak94, on january 13, 2015

Sound: When talking about the sound of Bryan Adams' "Room Service" album, it's no surprise that the sound is like it has always been! His rough voice, the rocking guitar and Keith's rebellious solos; that's Bryan Adams as we truly know him. The classic Bryan Adams instrumental setup is present and if it weren't, there would be no Bryan Adams. His sound, albums, songs and voice haven't changed a single bit, and thank God for that! We might be in year 2014, but when I listen to his records, I'm right back in the '80s and the '90s. Bryan's skills, both as a singer, lyricist and guitarist, is outstanding and not to be compared with anything like it! // 10

Lyrics: Bryan Adams' lyrics is always catchy and melodic. After listening to his songs I always have his tunes on my mind, no matter what! He's very talented and skilled when it comes to the craft of producing lyrics. His lyrics, his songs and his voice is the perfect match, absolutely! It always seem to fit and match each other and that's really something. Keeping the listener curious and interested through one song can be hard enough, but through a whole album is even harder. I know from myself, if the music isn't catchy and the lyrics isn't meaningful, I won't be able to stay curious and interested through the whole album. In some way Bryan Adams and his music has always had that effect on me. // 10

Overall Impression: Although this album was released a couple of years ago, it still get to me. I'm a HUGE Bryan Adams fan and have always been! From the moment I heard "Summer of '69," I knew this was all I ever wanted to do, be and stick to! Bryan Adams' "Room Service" does indeed compare to his other released albums; they're all absolutely amazing. His voice, the lyrics and the setup, it's always the same, nothing has been changed or switched! He's original, the same as he was 30 years ago; true to him self and never disappoints his audience or listeners! Bryan Adams is, without a doubt, one of the best selling artists of all time and one of the best musicians to walk this planet. Not many musicians, especially not nowadays, can keep their act together for 30 years or more! His crew is just as amazing as Bryan Adams him self and they deliver; every single time & every single night!

Some of the most impressive songs from the album would be "I Was Only Dreamin," "Why Do You Have to Be So Hard to Love," "Open Road," "She's a Little to Good for Me" & "Not Romeo Not Juliet." Those songs really stand out and they all touch me, deep within! Love songs, unrequited love, broken hearts and being on the road most of the year, that's what keeps the lyrics and music alive! The songs and the music - it's all deduced from his life and that's what makes it unique. An important factor, which Bryan Adams always seem to match, is the ability to write about topics we can all identify ourselves with. It's topics and episodes we all experience and go through, every single day. I can't find anything I don't like about this album, I like every single song on it and it's going to be played a lot more in the future. This "Room Service" album is highly recommended, you owe it to yourself! // 10

Comments