Colma review by Buckethead

• Released: Mar 24, 1998
Buckethead: Colma

There is a great use of a constant drumbeat through out the tracks. These drum beats are very simple yet effective and give it that creepy/ambient effect along with Buckethead's amazing guitar playing. This album really blew me away when I first heard it and I think it is amazing that Buckethead makes each of his albums sound different (this one being one of his very calm ones). According to wiki this song was dedicated to his mum while she was ill. Although the music is very calming it also has a creepy and emotional feel to it which is what makes it a great album.

There are no lyrics in this album but Buckethead is a solo guitarist, not a singer. If there was singing in this I don't think I would have liked it as much because it would just take away some musical feel to it and bring it down slightly but seeing as it doesn't makes it great.

I personally think that this is one of his greatest albums out of the 20+ he has and whenever I feel like chilling out this album is always my first choice to put on. Songs such as Machete has amazing solos in it which are not just stupidly fast like some of his other music. A lot more easier on ears which don't have a wide music taste range.

Louie95
    This album is a nice soothing album,such songs like, Big Sur Moon, Machete, whitewash. I dont know why they gave him a 5 on lyrics,His guitar does the singing.So its a 10 for me.