Electric Sea review by Buckethead

• Released: Feb 21, 2012
Buckethead: Electric Sea

"Electric Sea" is Buckethead's 35th studio album and the sequel to "Electric Tears", which was released in 2002. The sound is calm and soft but doesn't use as many effects as Buckethead used on "Electric Tears", what gives the album a more classical sound. He uses only acoustic and electric guitars, does without drums or bass and therefore enhancing the classical sound. It appears Buckethead enjoys classical music because there are two covers of classical songs: "La Wally" by Alfredo Catalani and "La Gavotte" by Johann Sebastian Bach and songs like "El Indio" vary the album and add a Spanish touch. If you like Buckethead's albums like "Colma" or "A Real Diamond In The Rough" you will also enjoy this album, because he shows again that he can write beautiful songs that can make you cry.

As you know, most songs of Buckethead are instrumental and they don't need lyrics. All he wants to say, he can tell with his guitar. Because of this, I'm rating this a "10". The song "The Homecoming Bacon" is a tribute to Michael Jackson who died in 2009.

The album is probably not a "must have" for a Buckethead fan, but interesting for someone who is attracted by classical music. To form a contrast to heavy and fast albums like "Peppers Ghost" Buckethead shows his virtuosity on guitar in every genre, metal or classic or any other.

ChucklesMginty
    ShredKing123 wrote: A godlike choise for all the marionets of the 3 chord guitar so they can listen to real songwriting
    Yeah, because the more chords, the better the song obviously...
    wrijul
    Battery Chicken wrote: How can you call a 10 and then say it's 'not a must have'? I'm sick of reviews who throw a 10 down on everything. It reads more like your trying to justify buying it rather than analyzing it properly. Technical virtuosity is impressive and all, but I seriously doubt this a perfect album.
    BUDDY THIS MASTERPIECE DESERVES TO BE 10 ....
    Skullivan
    swave75 wrote: 35th studio album? Holy crap I didn't know that.
    Nor did I. And this is why I love Buckethead. He never stops making music, and consistently fantastic music at that. Review was terrible though. You could at least do a track by track rating/review.
    Sound_Surfer
    iommi600
    Mathias27 wrote: Sound_Surfer wrote: "Homecoming Bacon"? I think you mean 'Homing Beacon'. Was a good laugh nonetheless. The album is great in my opinion. I think songs like 'Electric Sea', 'Point Doom' and 'El Indio' are very expressive and stand out on this record. Sorry, of course it's the "Homing Beacon" and not the "Homecoming Beacon". What a nonsense! I feel very sheepish about it.
    Dude, I'm not trying to burn you or anything, but I have tears in my eyes from laughing now!
    ShredKing123
    ?happy?
    So true.
    Northernmight
    This album is good, but it's not a 10 - Actually, most Buckethead fans were abit dissapointed, since it didn't really reach the same quality mark as "Electric Tears" . I mean, it is a good album - but when comparing it to the rest of Bucketheads albums it does not reach the top of the charts. I would give it an 8. Solid album, but Buckethead has made better albums.
    Mathias27
    It's not a "must have" because it's different, more classical than the other albums of Buckethead. But I think it's really great and because of that I have rated this a 10.
    Mathias27