Electric Tears review by Buckethead

• Released: Oct 8, 2002
Buckethead: Electric Tears

This is by far Buckethead's softest albums. Electric tears is Buckethead's ninth studio album. They're are only two instruments played during the entire album and that is Buckethead on acoustic and electric guitar, not to mention the cool sound effects. This album can be described as a masterpiece by Buckethead. He wrote and composed all but one song. That song was "Sketches of Spain." The aura of the album is mystifying with such titles as "Padmasana" and "Witches on the Heath." It paints a perfect picture but that picture is distorted and you don't know what it is. There is always a backtrack that usually is acoustic while Buckethead solos with the electric. Generally all of the tracks share that format. Buckethead's talent as a writer and a composer and even a producer from this album shine through on all of the tracks.

As most people know, Buckethead is not a lyricist nor does he really sing. He is a guitar player and most of his stuff is instrumental. Although, there have been some albums such as Bucketheadland 2 where he will sing, but it's often just for humor. This album is completely instrumental and has no lyrics.

I had a friend who told me once that this was the perfect album to listen to while strung out. So, I'll go with that. Electric Tears is one of my favorite Buckethead albums. Compared to his other stuff, this is very different. It is very soft and it is very bluesy. The guitar is always weeping. It just has an eerie sound to it, but it's calming. Very, very weird what music can do. My two favorite songs on the album were "Witches on the Heath" and "The Way to Heaven." So check those out if you get the album. If I were to lose the album, I would definitely buy it again. Overall, It is a very good album. I would recommend getting it.

azzaim1992
    Electric tears , then colma!!!! Bes song i've heard would probably be "For Mom" awesome
    Nacho Cheese!
    I don't care for this review at all personally. As for compared to his other stuff, if you listened to more you would find many albums full of music very similar. So it isn't really very different. Also, there are at times three guitars. I agree with the ratings for the album but I still think that this review wasn't very good.