Electric Tears review by Buckethead

• Released: Oct 8, 2002
Buckethead: Electric Tears

The impression I get from listening to this album is, "Time to sleep". This album is very soft music. I'm not sure if there's a story behind this album... But it's Buckethead... Is there a need for a story... !? There is one thing I would like to share... This album is awesome!

My overall impression of the lyrics is... These are the best lyrics ever. There could not be another album that sounds so great without lyrics than this one! Compliance of the lyrics... Huh? No lyrics here. Buckethead probably has some sort of singing skill... It's just not made public. (Obviously)

This album compares to Buckethead's "Colma" album. They have similarites. Some of the most impressive songs from this album inclued: The Way to Heaven, Padmusana, Spell of the Gypsies, Mustang, and Electric Tears. I love everything about this album. I sleep listening to it! (Seriously) There really isnt anything to hate about this album. If this was stolen. I would defidentally buy it again!

McMullen20
    soothsayer is my favorite buckethead song but padmasana is my favorite on this album
    imabeastyo
    Ponchibego
    Yeah I definitely love this album... I don't get into his shreddy stuff as much and I have always had a huge spot for softy songs. I fell in love with Padmasana the first time I heard it even though it's long and kind of repetetive with the background guitar, however a very good song.
    Tominator_1991
    Nacho Cheese! wrote: I don't care for this review at all personally. As for compared to his other stuff, if you listened to more you would find many albums full of music very similar. So it isn't really very different. Also, there are at times three guitars. I agree with the ratings for the album but I still think that this review wasn't very good.
    boo frickity hoo
    Spoony_Bard
    imabeastyo wrote: fav song is nottingham lace or jordan he is the best musician to come out of germany this album is ok very soft
    Huh? Germany? Er...okay. This album is great. I think I love Buckethead's soft stuff more than I do his shred work. This album and Colma have the most plays on my iTunes out of all his work.
    esyrnyk
    i havent heard that much buckethead before, then when i heard the electric tears, it was kind of surprising that it was so slow and calm. compared to other stuff its like he wrote this while trying to fall asleep. personally, my favorite song is spidercrawl. it freakin amazing.
    Praystone
    amazing work of art....been listening to this album for years. its always been there to calm me down in a time of stress. Its amazing how his music can make you feel, and think. I think thats why he has no lyrics...maybe hes wanting us to make our own with how the music feels.
    Jamie_W
    Outstanding piece of work. Anyone who accuses him of just playing 'Nintendo bleeps' should be made to listen to his playing on this. Population Override is just as good though. The track 'Too Many Humans' is mesmirising.
    Lrn2play
    This album is OK but none of the songs stand out, and it feels it should all just be an A-side/B-side jam like something frank zappa would do. But this is not the album to just sit down and listen to.
    USAPeavey
    Freakin' amazing album. "Spell of the Gypsies" is one of the greatest songs ever.
    JoelTheShredder
    i sleep to mate feed kill repeat - slipknot. that or the division bell/dark side of the moon - pink floyd