Electric Tears review by Buckethead

• Released: Oct 8, 2002
Buckethead: Electric Tears

First of all I am making this review as a simple listener. I believe this is one of the softest albums if not the most soft album of Buckethead. Nonetheless the sound of this album is extraordinary the sound of it makes you feel things you never knew they were there. All tracks have been composed and performed by Buckethead exept "Sketches of Spain" which is actually Buckethead's version of orchestral piece named "Concierto de Aranjuez". In this album there no drums or other instruments than an acoustic guitar and an electric with loads of effect that give that mezmerising effect. I believe this album is suited for the moments were you want to be by yourself and relax.

Well lyrics would be useless here because the music itself talks to you giving you images from other worlds. The guitar itself tell stories that no word could possible describe!

This album could maybe be compared to some post rock albums like "This will Destroy You" I can't think of any other guitar based music. In my opinion all of the songs are impressive although my personal favorites are "Witches on the Heath" "Sketches of Spain" and "Spell of The Gypsies". Everything in this album brings happiness to my ears! I can't find something negative. If it were stolen or lost I would DEFINITELY buy it again, its an all time classic.

Hart_Attack
    just so you know "Concierto de Aranjuez" being the cover for buckethead its actually an homage to Miles davis for his work on his album called sketches of spain (one of miles best albums ever). Just thought I'd clear that up.