Electric Tears review by Buckethead

• Released: Oct 8, 2002
Buckethead: Electric Tears

If you are looking for a soothing instrumental, then this is the right choice. This album is extraordinary. It's slow, emotional and will eventually make you a Buckethead fan. Some tracks will leave you with a happy mood and some sad. All in the waiting is one happy track. My most favorite tracks being "Electric Tears" (those bendings and the tone he uses are just outstanding), "Sketches of Spain (for Miles)" (this give a Spanish guitar feeling), "Angel Monster" (quite engaging track) and "The Way to Heaven." The other tracks are pretty good as well. You can listen to the tracks when the weather is chill or rainy (dark) outside! It is considered one of his most calming albums to date. The aura of the album is mystifying. It creates a very charming as well as nostalgic environment!

Every note he plays substitutes for a word in lyrics! Buckethead is not a lyricist nor does he really sing. He is a guitar player and most of his stuff is instrumental! There could not be another album that sounds so great without lyrics than this one! Also lyrics would be useless here because the music itself talks to you giving you images from other worlds. The guitar itself tell stories that no word could possible describe! Give it a try, and you will understand what I am saying! I hope he keeps making instrumentals like these! The imagery he creates using his Gibson is very interesting, or should I say, he lets us write out thought in those instrumentals, unlike lyrics where people give a message! That's the meaning of an instrumental!

I love this album. When I first saw Buckethead's "Jordan" solo I was like wow, another shredder. But then I got into "Sail on Soothsayer" track and eventually started discovering about him! This guy knows how to make guitar talk! And this album show his emotional side! Most of the songs are acoustic which obviously gives a soft tone and then he incorporates electric, well this was something new for me! And it sounds amazing! Give it a try! Overall, He has created his own style, the delay effect, the use of wah, the tempo and timing, it all defines his style of playing. If my CD ever got stolen, hell yeah! I would but it again, there's hardly any guitar instrumental that sounds so intense and different! He's a very talented and gifted guitarist. And is a very simple person! Not weird!