Enter the Chicken review by Buckethead

• Released: Apr 8, 2008
Buckethead: Enter the Chicken

The Album was very diverse in sound. Musically my favourite songs were Botnus, Funbus and the 6:34 instrumental was a standout performance also his most recognisable song apart from Jordan. Funbus has been put as one of my favourite songs of all time just because of the last two solos with the viking chant in the first one simply makes me feel like kickin some ass. As with all Buckethead records there was a very wide array of techniques and effects not used by most guitarists today. The albums design pretty much follows what what Buckethead's whole persona is based around Chickens. I love this album for its change in guitar work and genius.

There was a number of lyricists in the record with of course Buckethead mainly on guitar. The first song or Intro is 0:15 of an opera singer by the name of Ani Maldjian. The 2nd has Serg Tankian as voclas with "We Are One" and compliments the guitar very well. Botnus having Efrem Schulz sing death metal with advante garde metal making a very nice blend of the two. Three Fingers also having a conifdent blend of Saul Williams and Bucketheads blend of hypnotic guitar work.

Compared to other albums by Buckethead it does follow a more normal song structure apart from the last 2 instrumentals which are classic Bucky. THe most impressive songs from the album are Botnus a metal song with classic death metal singing, Funbus which is a crazy expedition into the world of Bucketheads skill and also showing what he sees of music of this type and bands such as Slipnot etc. And of the course the instrumental Nottingham Lace a 6:34 nice peiece with unorthodox guitar techniques and a 4 minute solo to end the song which must be listened too by any die hard Buckethead enthusiast. The love the metal side of the album very much but dislike the other slower songs on the album for there slowness. If it were stolen I would deffinitely look for these songs again because of the great musical genius presented by this master.