Monsters And Robots review by Buckethead

• Released: Apr 20, 1999
Buckethead: Monsters And Robots

The experimental shredder did a great job with this album. I was really impressed with the way he can go into so many different types of music and yet keep a signature tone that he has. The album cover is great, some really trippy stuff on the front. This album ranges from techno-metal (Jumpman), to straight out strange (Sow Thistle), even to horror-influenced rap (The Shape vs. Buckethead). You name this album has probably got a little bit of it in there. I was really impressed with it.

It's Buckethead. What? You were expecting lyrics? That's not exactly his department. Even when he does have lyrics they're all pretty strange. So I guess since I love strange I'll give it a 4.

I don't think it really compares with his other albums. He's done alot better stuff in the past i.e. Bucketheadland. The most impressive songs are Ballad Of Buckethead, Jumpman, Stick Pit, Stun Operator, and the song with the best solo, Nun Chuka Kata. I hate the fact that it doesn't compare to anything else he's done. Nothing really jumps out and grabs you with his album. If it were stolen I think I'd be sad and try and get it again, not for the CD but simply because I like to collect his CDs, even though this one didn't impress me.

Dumpster510
    It should also be known that this album has the song "The 'Ballad of Buckethead", an awesome song about Buckethead's life growing up in a chicken coop which features Les Claypool on bass.
    Co&Ca182
    By The Way Dumpser Les Also Sings The Song...Anyway...This Is I Agree One Of Buckethead's Best Albums...The Guitar Parts Are Amazing, And I Love The Random Talking Inserts In May Of The Songs...Strange?...Well Of Course It Is It's Buckethead...But Anyway I Think This Is One Of Buckethead's Best Peices Of Works...It's Just Very Easy And Fun To Listin To.