Monsters And Robots review by Buckethead

• Released: Apr 20, 1999
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Buckethead: Monsters And Robots

The Music itself was OK, there was a lot of sampling and scratch, especially on the last track 'Nun Chaka Kata'. Although on most of the songs there would be some great riffs. I really liked the riffs on 'Jowls' and 'Revenge Of The Double-man'. Basically I'm trying to say if you look hard enough, look through the sampling and random scratching It's pretty good music. Unless you like wierd computer sounds or 'robot sounds' as Buckethead calls them, then you sorta have to.

Well, since Buckethead needs both hands for playing guitar, he cannot hold up Herbie to talk, there isn't much singing. Bootsy Collins sings on a few tracks which is kinda cool because I like Bootsy's style. The lyrics don't usually mean much, like on 'Jowls' sounds like Brain Mattia saying "Save Me The Slug!" witch is kinda random. The singer's don't have much talent along the lines of actual singing.

From what I've heard from Buckethead, witch isn't much, I think Colma would be a better album. I plan to buy it next. I think the most impressive songs by BH are probably 'Night Of The Slunk' and 'Jump Man' although they arn't my favorite. I do love Bucketheads sence of humor on some of the songs. I don't love some of the random tapping he does, It only sometimes fits in with the music and it gets old.

caughtinamosh
    pariah452
    yes its completely idiotic to judge him jsut because he wears a mask look at alice cooper slipknot mushroom head the only one of those had talent was alice cooper but still none the less. They make good songs and cant be judged by there masks.
    Metalology
    This is one of his worst albums. If you want to hear Buckethead at his best, listen to Inbred Mountain or Giant Robot. Or, if you want to here Buckethead in a more death metal/heavy metal styling but still full of Buckethead weirdness, listen to The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell. Or, you could listen to one of his softer albums like Colma or Electric Tears.
    DopeDanny
    Electric Tears is great,i saw him live couple months ago in this little place in conneticut,****in rocked!!another album i like is,i think it was called the Elephant man's alarm clock,which my dad bought i think u can only get it at the shows for the tour he did.But i heard Buckethead was the original guitarist in limp bizkit or some shit,idk.
    DopeDanny
    Dumpster510 wrote: It should also be known that this album has the song "The 'Ballad of Buckethead", an awesome song about Buckethead's life growing up in a chicken coop which features Les Claypool on bass.
    Folks just call him,Buckethead!
    StratSlinger421
    I would suggest this album to any new Buckethead listeners. It is some of his best work in my opinion. Be sure to check out "Sow Thistle," "Jowls," and "Nun Chuka Kata." These are my favorite tracks off of Monsters and Robots.
    ozzypossum
    Good music Cuckoo Clocks of Hell is better though best songs are Ballad of the Buckethead, Jowls, & Nun Chuka Kata
    skatergood
    --ESTRANGED--
    skatergood wrote: this is bucketheads highest selling album and has my 2nd favorite buckethead song jowls. SAVE ME THE SLUNK!
    jowls is ****ing immense!! and the quotes from texas chainsaw massacre are awsome
    Acraftyotter
    caughtinamosh wrote: Fi-Fi wrote: i never heard about any guy calles bucket head untill i checked out this video of the new guns 'n roses, ya know, the one that sucks. I personaly think its a stupid way to make a name, wearing a bucket on your head an call yourself 'buckethead'... that's not how he makes his name, he makes his name by being good at what he does
    I think we can all agree that he became famous from being an amazing guitarist and not from the plastic mask and bucket. Even if he started wearing normal clothes and changed his show name from Buckethead to Brian Caroll i would still listen to him lol (although i would definently miss that bucket of chicken bones and that plastic mask)