Population Override review by Buckethead

• Released: Mar 30, 2004
Buckethead: Population Override

The sound on this record is pretty incredible. Though not like previous stuff where he's shredding uncontrollably. This album is alot more mellow and bluesy, you can he puts alot of feeling into his playing. Another cool thing I found out was that he does the bass on the album as well. It isn't really outstanding, but the two mesh well. Also Pinchface does some great drumming and Travis Dickerson has some awesome trippy keyboard parts.

None, which is good because I think any kind of vocalization would only take away from the music.

When I bought this album I was expecting the regular insane shredding that buckethead is associated with. However, when I gave it a listen I found a more pink floyd/blues/altogether pretty unique collection of songs. The great thing about buckethead is the diversity between albums. This one especially is good whether you're already a huge fan of buckethead, or you've heard he was good so you want to check it out. If this album was taken from me I would ask God why, cry and piss myself, write anonymous leters to major media oulets, break into a random house in my neighborhood, then cry and piss myself in there.

Dumpster510
    This is an awesome album overall. Even if you don't dig Buckethead, this isn't his usual stuff, its really bluesy and melodic. A must buy for any fan however. 10/10
    Saintsatan
    An amazing album. I own Colma, Enter the chciken and this album. Oh and bucketheadland 2 and Kaleidoscalp. This is one of the best, but not as awesome as colma.
    Pr0teZT
    This is the best album ever created. So real and upright.. the feeling is incredible.
    Power_metall_13
    Buckethead owns most of the worlds guitarists because he doesn't have any vocals in his songs but the guitarists does, GO BUCKETHEAD
    SmittyMan90
    Amazing album to say the least, a very enjoyable experience every time i listen to it!!