Shadows Between The Sky review by Buckethead

• Released: Feb 6, 2010
Buckethead: Shadows Between The Sky

Buckethead just released his new album "Shadows Between the Sky" and I got to say that it is a fantastic album. It is a continuation of the previous album "A Real Diamond in the Rough" only with a bit of a faster pace. I is proven that Buckethead truly doesn't need shredding to be good. People mention that you could hear a few songs continuing from the previous album "A Real Diamond in the Rough" but that is something for you to find out.It is all acoustic. It has mellow rhythms, soothing, and yet has a spice of "Peppers Ghost" speed which is OK speed. My favorite songs in this album are "Shadows Between the Sky", "City of Woe", and "Chaos of the Unconscious". Unfortunately, there is no shredding like good old Buckethead usually does in which I miss. And I feel that others might agree. But overall I love this album, with shredding or without.

Of course, Buckethead doesn't sing. It is all instrumental so he lets his guitar do the talking. It shows that lyrics are not needed to show emotion in this album. That is why I like Buckethead because of his versatile way of playing. From an angry metal playing to a soft soothing melodic playing that could make a man cry.

If this album were to be stolen, lost, or for any reason I would totally buy it again. What I love about this album is that its a faster playing acoustic album. What I hate about this album is that there is no type of shredding at all in which I truly miss. Compared to the previous album "A Real Diamond in the Rough" the latest album known as "Shadows Between the Sky" is quite intriguing. This album has great acoustic strumming and hypnotic picking. But what I love most about this album is that its acoustic clarity. You could hear every note with great ease in which I love the most. Every song has a great melody. Even though there is no shredding in this album, I love this album and that is my final decision.

Darknezz-xD
    no, there is no shredding in this album but even without it the album its pretty good
    Ain_Elohim
    thewhorock wrote: intheshadowplay wrote: HernaldoLazo wrote: No there is no shredding and yea i confuse myself in wut i say so my bad lol i like criticize its funny and no it doesnt affect me lol it improves sum ppl not all lol not lol every lol word needs lol after lol it. lol
    I see what you did there.
    eggsandham2
    can someone please clarify his statement "there is no shredding" because i find this very unlikely
    thewhorock
    lol
    intheshadowplay
    not lol every lol word needs lol after lol it.
    DrButterfunk
    Dang this album is sweet. BH is the master of balance, variety, ambience, and forging unique sounds that always manage to sound great.
    HernaldoLazo
    Noremad
    ...so let me get this straight, Buckethead is a guitar player that shreds but not "IN" this cd and that's the thing you "hate" about this album, but you "love" this album because it could make a man cry even though there's no shredding "IN" this cd. Got it...i think.
    ianmc
    amazing album buckethead is fantastic...but i like more a real diamond in the rough peace
    xxhendrixfanxx
    bickethead is one of my favorite guitar player of all time, simply amazing. He can take something so simple and make it sound freaking amazing.
    TheFly_1990
    Your damn right about the emotion, just after I lost my dad in December, "Watching The Boats With Dad" from Colma, brought me to tears. I do love Buckethead for his versatility!